4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
Drizzle the chicken breasts with the olive oil, and season each side of each breast with a pinch each of salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the chopped parsley and rosemary. Grill the chicken over moderate heat until the flesh is firm and the juices run clear, and a thermometer inserted reads 165 degrees. Remove from heat, cover and keep warm until needed.
Mac 'n' cheese assembly
1/2 cup diced pancetta
2 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup bread crumbs
Prepared macaroni base
4 teaspoons chopped parsley
4 teaspoons white truffle oil
1. In a medium saute pan, cook the pancetta in the oil over medium-high heat until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes
2. Strain the pancetta, leaving any fat in the pan.
3. Heat the pan with the fat over medium-high heat and sprinkle over the bread crumbs.
4. Saute the bread crumbs until darkened and toasted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and drain the bread crumbs on a paper towel.
5. Heat the macaroni base over medium heat until hot, stirring frequently. While the base is heating, slice the chicken into strips.
6. Stir the chicken into the base, then stir in the crisp pancetta, parsley and white truffle oil, tossing to coat.
7. Divide the mac 'n' cheese among 4 serving bowls and top with the crisp bread crumbs. Serve immediately.
Each of 10 servings: 739 calories; 24 grams protein; 41 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams fiber; 53 grams fat; 29 grams saturated fat; 204 mg cholesterol; 2 grams sugar; 278 mg sodium.
SOS REQUESTS: Send Culinary SOS requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or Culinary SOS, Food section, Los Angeles Times, 202 W. 1st St., Los Angeles, CA 90012. Please include your name, phone number and city of residence.