Walt Disney World Parks & Resorts Senior Vice President Jim MacPhee talks about the rollout of "next-generation" park experiences, during a preview tour of MyMagic+, at the Magic Kingdom, Tuesday, March 18, 2014. (Joe Burbank/Orlando Sentinel)
Disney World continues to test its MyMagic+ program and plans to make alterations based on feedback, the company chairman says.
In a post on the Disney Parks Blogs, Tom Staggs, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, says surveys indicated that guests enjoy the power to make advance reservations for rides and shows and they like using MagicBands, the colorful wristbands that double as FastPass tickets, charge cards and hotels keys.
But guests also want to make additional reservations, Staggs says. The current rules limits users to three reservations per day and to one theme park per day. Disney is "working on" enhancing the system to allow more reservations once the first three have been completed and on the ability to park hop, Staggs' post says.
About 3.5 million people have been involved in the testing so far, Staggs say. Folks staying in Disney World hotels were among the first to try MyMagic+, followed by annual passholders. This week, Disney expanded the use of the program to include visitors not staying on Disney property.