Princesses and zombies will mingle peacefully during Halloween In Las Vegas in an array of costume parties and even a parade.
Here are five of our favorite happenings:
• Marilyn Manson hosts an irreverent “Halloween Horror Bash” at Hyde Bellagio. One of the hippest nightclubs in Las Vegas will be transformed into a house of horrors on Tuesday evening. Guests are encouraged to party in their scariest costumes. Cover is $30.
• Kick off Halloween night (Oct. 31), with the Las Vegas Halloween Parade, a family-friendly event in its fourth year. Participants should line up starting at 6 p.m. at Fremont and 13th Streets in downtown Las Vegas. The parade will haunt its way west along Fremont starting at 7. Prizes will be awarded in various categories including best float, best illuminated costume and best baby costume. A free after-party will be held at Fremont and 7th.
• Carnaval Court at Harrah’s will hold costume contests on Oct. 31 and Nov. 1 in the open-air party zone just steps from the Strip. $10,000 in prizes will be given away. Contestants must be present between 8 and 11 p.m. The winners will be announced just after midnight each evening. $20 cover.
• Just down the street at the Riviera, the Wicked Vicky Tavern will hold “The Wickedest” costume party from 9 p.m.-1 a.m. The first beer is free for everyone in Halloween garb, and the winner can choose from a $500 cash prize or free beer at the tavern for a year. The Sin City Sinners will perform, and there’s no cover charge. For security reasons, no masks can be worn on the casino floor.
• Revelers wanting to look their ghoulish best can have theatrical makeup professionally applied at ERA by Ciara, a high-end cosmetic boutique in suburban Summerlin. For $50, customers can walk out the door looking like a sexy fairy or a bloodthirsty vampire. (Accessories such as fake eyelashes and fangs are included.) The service will be offered starting Thursday (today) through Oct. 31. To book an appointment, call (702) 715-2013.