The flow of blood donations slows during December, according to the American Red Cross. That’s why the organization is ramping up efforts to encourage donations with a number of blood drives throughout the area later this month.
To offer further incentive, all individuals who donate blood or platelets between Dec. 21 and Jan. 7 will receive a long-sleeved Red Cross T-shirt, while supplies last.
Local blood drives
- Five Forks Diner, 4456 John Tyler Highway, 7 a.m. to noon Friday.
- Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center, 100 Sentara Circle, noon to 6 p.m. Friday.
- Bruster's Real Ice Cream, 5289 John Tyler Highway, noon to 5 p.m. Dec. 17.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car Corporate Office, 323 Alexander Lee Parkway, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 20.
- T.J. Maxx, 4640 Monticello Ave., 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 21.
- Lowe’s, 801 E. Rochambeau Drive, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 24.
- T.J. Maxx, 4640 Monticello Ave., 3-7 p.m. Dec. 26.
For more information or blood drives in other areas, visit redcrossblood.org or call 800-733-2767.