The Foundation is interested in receiving applications from organizations that support a broad range of community enrichment opportunities and respond to changing community needs. A number of funding opportunities are available during the Fall Grant Round. Please contact WCF at 757-259-1660 if you have any questions. Deadline is July 19, 2017 at noon.
Community Endowment (request up to $5,000)
• Children and Young Adults
• Health and Community Wellness
• Senior Services
• Arts and Culture
• Environment and Conservation
Williamsburg Fund for Women and Girls (up to $1,000)
• Supports programs for women and girls
• Preference given to programs that assist low income women and girls
Genevieve McGiffert Fund for the Musical Performing Arts ($1,500)
• Supports vocal music performances intended for a primarily adult audience
Benjamin R. Altshuler Memorial Fund Transportation Grants (up to $5,000)
• Supports programs which provide transportation including public transportation
• Preference for programs assisting low-income residents and those without ready access to a car
• Programs may support alternative transportation initiatives (ie. bike paths, etc. with a matching gift up to $5,000)
Benjamin R. Altshuler Memorial Fund for Amateur Sports (up to $5,000)
(NOTE DEADLINE - Friday, September 12, 2017)
• To provide financial assistance to amateur sports programs, with a preference for wrestling, but also in other athletic programs that are not readily available to the public (i.e. fencing, lacrosse, boxing, marksmanship, crew, etc.).
• Funds may be used to support tuition assistance, scholarships to players, expenses for officials, and/or for equipment and uniforms. Funds may not be used to support hotel rooms, travel or coaches' salaries.
• Preference will be given to applications which support low to moderate income children and youth.
Grant guidelines and application materials may be found at www.williamsburgcommunityfoundation.org. Applicants may apply for a Community Endowment grant and/or one of the others above. Generally, an organization will receive only one grant in a year. For more information, contact the foundation office at 757-259-1660 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This item was posted by a community contributor.