The Foundation is interested in receiving applications from organizations that support a broad range of community enrichment opportunities and respond to changing community needs. We have reframed our grant priorities to better reflect how our grant investments impact the community through five specific areas of interest.
A number of funding opportunities are available during the Fall Grant Round. Please contact WCF at 757-259-1660 if you have any questions. Deadline is July 20, 2016 at noon.
Community Endowment (request up to $5,000)
Williamsburg Fund for Women and Girls (up to $1,000)
• Supports programs for women and girls
• Preference given to programs that assist low income women and girls
Genevieve McGiffert Fund for the Musical Performing Arts ($1,500)
• Supports vocal music performances intended for a primarily adult audience
Benjamin R. Altshuler Memorial Fund Transportation Grants (up to $5,000)
• Supports programs which provide transportation including public transportation
• Preference for programs assisting low-income residents and those without ready access to a car
• Programs may support alternative transportation initiatives (ie. bike paths, etc. with a matching gift up to $5,000)
Benjamin R. Altshuler Memorial Fund for Amateur Sports (up to $5,000)
(NOTE DEADLINE - Friday, September 23, 2016)
• To provide financial assistance to amateur sports programs, with a preference for wrestling, but also in other athletic programs that are not readily available to the public (i.e. fencing, lacrosse, boxing, marksmanship, crew, etc.).
• Funds may be used to support tuition assistance, scholarships to players, expenses for officials, and/or for equipment and uniforms. Funds may not be used to support hotel rooms, travel or coaches' salaries.
• Preference will be given to applications which support low to moderate income children and youth.
Grant guidelines and application materials may be found at www.williamsburgcommunityfoundation.org. Applicants may apply for a Community Endowment grant and/or one of the others above. Generally, an organization will receive only one grant in a year. For more information, contact the foundation office at 757-259-1660 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This item was posted by a community contributor.