A variety of special themes are planned for worship services in the month of February at Williamsburg Baptist Church.
• Boy Scout Troop 155 assists in worship on Boy Scout Sunday, Feb. 7.
• Ash Wednesday, opening the season of Lent, is celebrated the evening of Feb. 10.
• The Fresh Air Fund, which brings inner-city children to small towns for summer visits, is highlighted on Feb. 14, with a Mission Moment by Amy Witcover-Sandford, the Fund's local representative.
• Black History is the theme for Feb. 21, offering a perspective on race relations in the scriptures.
• Rachel Haynes, a 2015 William & Mary graduate and Baptist Collegiate Ministries chaplain, preaches on Feb. 28, in recognition of Baptist Women in Ministry's Martha Stearns Marshall Month of Preaching.
Williamsburg Baptist Church meets at 227 Richmond Road. Sunday School is offered for all ages at 9:30 am, followed by worship at 11 am. Nursery care is provided.
This item was posted by a community contributor.