AARP Tax-Aide is a program of the AARP Foundation, in conjunction with the IRS, and is offered free of charge on a walk-in basis. Free filing is performed electronically. Additional information can be found on the AARP website at www.aarp.org/money/taxes/aarp_taxaide.
When you come for tax assistance, be sure to bring:
• Picture ID (driver's license, passport, etc.)
• Social security cards (for all persons on the tax return)
• Health insurance documentation (Form 1095-A)
• Tax information (W-2s, 1099s, 1098s, etc.)
• Bank account numbers (for direct deposit of any refunds)
• Copy of last year's tax return (if available)
Basic Federal tax forms will be available at both Williamsburg library locations. Additional forms can be downloaded from the IRS website at www.irs.gov. State tax forms are NOT available at the libraries, but can be obtained at the local Commissioner of Revenue offices and online from the Virginia Department of Taxation website at www.tax.virginia.gov.
Tax-Aide will run from February 1 to April 18, 2016 during the following hours:
Williamsburg Library (515 Scotland Street)
Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesday, Friday, & Saturday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
James City County Library (7770 Croaker Road)
Tuesday & Thursday 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Wednesday & Saturday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Appointments for both library sites may be scheduled by calling 757-259-4072 during site hours.
This item was posted by a community contributor.