Coastal Virginia Magazine has promoted their annual Readers' Choice "Best of Coastal Virginia Contest" with over one hundred categories specific to our region. Over 70,000 votes were cast in a wide variety of categories such as Restaurants, Local Attractions, Home & Garden, Shopping, and more that included locations from the Peninsula to the Southside. York County Parks, Recreation and Tourism was nominated for and won multiple awards in various categories for Historic Yorktown and Riverwalk Landing.
Here is a list of the award winners:
• Riverwalk Landing, Yorktown Waterfront - Peninsula Bronze for Best Music Venue
• Yorktown - Peninsula Silver for Best Place to Walk/Hike
• Yorktown Beach - Best of the 757 Silver for Best Place to Picnic
• Yorktown Market Days - Peninsula Bronze for Best Farmer's Market
Additional Yorktown winners are:
• Gallery at York Hall - Peninsula Bronze for Best Art Gallery
• Jamestown/Yorktown - Peninsula Gold for Best Family-Friendly Attraction
• Jamestown/Yorktown - Peninsula Silver for Best Local Attraction
• Alexander's Photography - Peninsula Bronze for Best Local Photographer
• Carrot Tree - Peninsula Gold for Best Bakery/Peninsula Silver for Best Coffee Shop
• Yorktown Pub - Peninsula Bronze for Best Burger
• Water Street Grille - Peninsula Bronze for Best Outdoor Dining
• Riverwalk Restaurant - Peninsula Gold for Best Outdoor Dining
Coastal Virginia Magazine celebrated the award winners from across the region at the "Best of Coastal Virginia" party. Awards were presented by Coastal Virginia Magazine to staff of York County Parks, Recreation and Tourism as well as to individual businesses. Thank you to all the readers who selected Yorktown as an award winner.
Posted by: Gail L. Whittaker, Public Information Coordinator
This item was posted by a community contributor.