A variety of educational and entertaining programs are being offered at the Senior Center of York in August. Participation is open to seniors age 55 or better and their spouses, regardless of age.
• "Remember When," Wednesday, August 12, at 1 p.m.
• Indoor Cornhole, Monday, August 17, at 1 p.m
• Culture Day, "Rollison on the Declaration of Independence," Wednesday, August 19, at 1 p.m.
• August Birthday Bash, Friday, August 21, at 1 p.m.
• AARP Driver Safety Program, Monday, August 24, and Tuesday, August 25.
• Health Day, "A Matter of Balance," Wednesday, August 26 at 12:45 p.m.
Computer Lab General Use. Computers in the Senior Center's Computer Lab are available for general use each week on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Patrons must sign in at the front desk to use the computers.
Zumba. If you are interested in signing up for an evening session this fall for this fun and upbeat dance fitness program, please call us at 890-3444 and leave your name and phone number.
The Senior Center is located in the Washington Square Shopping Center at 5314 George Washington Memorial Highway (Rte. 17), and is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Senior Center is closed on all county holidays. Reservations are required for all sessions and are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. To register, stop by the Senior Center or call 890-3444. For more information, please visit www.yorkcounty.gov/CountyGovernment/CommunityServices.
Posted by: Senior Center of York
This item was posted by a community contributor.