Williamsburg Lions Club - was originally Chartered 1934 and was initially composed of 20 Men of Diverse occupations and professions. Club Membership peaked at 119 in 1955 - 56. Recent years membership has remained at 65 - 70 members.
In May 13, 2011 name changed to Williamsburg Host Club. The name changed was made after the club sponsored The New Town Lions Club which was the fifth Lions Club we sponsored. The other four included: Jamestown 1966/67, James City 1998, Gloucester 1948/49, as well as Jamestown & West Point both disbanded many years ago and he Williamsburg Lady Lions Auxiliary - organized in 1998 Spouses of Lions
State of Virginia is known as Multiple District 24 -started in 1922 with 6 Districts the Williamsburg Host Lions Club is in District 24D.
the Lion year begins July 1 and Ends June 30, Officers are elected in the Spring and take office July 1. Sight Programs - Most Active - Eye Exams & Eyeglasses, Hearing programs - Diabetes Awareness - Youth Activities. The Lions also have two Treasurers and Two Bank Accounts Charitable Activities and Administrative. The Williamsburg Host Lions Club Meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at the Holiday in on By-Pass Road, at 7pm. Stop by and meet with some of these fine men and women.
This item was posted by a community contributor.