The 36th annual Yorktown Fourth of July Celebration will be held on Saturday, July 4. Activities taking place in Historic Yorktown will include:
• 8 a.m. Yorktown Independence Day 8K Run and 5K Walk - York High School
• 9 a.m. Parade on Water Street with Live Music - Yorktown U.S. Coast Guard Ceremonial Band
• 4 p.m. Event Parking opens Corner of Cook Road and Ballard Street
• 7 p.m. Sounds of Liberty Bell Ringing Ceremony - Riverwalk Landing Stage
• 8 p.m. United States Army Training and Doctrine Command Band (Brass Band) - Riverwalk Landing Stage
• 9:15 p.m. Spectacular Fireworks Display over the York River
The annual Yorktown Independence Day 8K Run and 5K Walk event, sponsored by the York County Historical Museum, will take place at 8 a.m. at York High School, located on Route 17 in Yorktown. Race registration on July 4 begins at 6:30 a.m. Pre-registration is recommended at http://peninsulatrackclub.com.
For additional event information, please visit www.visityorktown.org or call York County Parks, Recreation and Tourism at 890-3500.
Posted by Gail L. Whittaker
This item was posted by a community contributor.