JUST ANNOUNCED: Jason Cale Band will be playing our Best Of event! Grab your tickets now before they are gone!

National Weather Service: Small craft advisory and potential coastal flooding into Wednesday

Daily Press

The National Weather Service issued a small craft warning over the James River, from the James River Bridge to the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel Tuesday evening into Wednesday afternoon.

Winds between 21 and 23 mph are possible. Sections of York County near the York River and Hampton near the James River could have minor coastal flooding, according to the NWS river forecast map.

Wednesday will be rainy and cloudy with a high near 52.

There is a 60 percent chance of rain during the day, and there will be winds around 13 mph. There is a 40 percent chance of rain Wednesday night and there will be winds around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.

To check the forecast for your neighborhood, visit the National Weather Service website and put in your ZIP code.

Copyright © 2018, The Virginia Gazette