The Greater Williamsburg Chamber and Tourism Alliance announced the winners from its 52nd annual Community Christmas Parade, with the theme of Winter Wonderland.
The parade featured 107 units and four sponsors — Childcare Network, Shorty’s Diner, Williams Landscape & Design, Inc. and Yankee Candle.
College of William and Mary president Taylor Reveley III was the parade’s grand marshal. Other VIPs who took part in the parade included:
- Karen Riordan, President & CEO of Greater Williamsburg Chamber & Tourism Alliance.
- Howard W. Smith, Sr., Oleta Coach Lines, the chamber’s 2017 Small Business of the Year.
- Leslie Henderson Schultz, Henderson Inc., the chamber’s 2017 Health Promoter of the Year.
- Etienne Bochet, U.S. Coast Guard Military Citizen of the Year.
- Shaneris Stephens, United States Navy Sailor of the Year.
- Del. Brenda Pogge and Del. Mike Mullin.
1st — Colonial Newfoundland Club
2nd — Siberian Husky Rescue
1st — Williams Landscape & Design, Inc.
2nd — DoubleTree by Hilton Williamsburg
1st — Greenwood Christian Academy
2nd — Covenant Christian School
1st — Williamsburg Host Lions
2nd — Virginia Regional Ballet
1st — James City Lions Club
2nd — Williamsburg Area Rotary Club
1st — VA Classic Thunderbirds and Citizens and Farmers Bank
2nd — Williamsburg Model-T Owners
1st — Power House Dance1st Boy Scout Troop 103
2nd — Girl Scout Troop 1346
1st — Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center
2nd — Institute for Dance
High School and Middle School Bands
1st — Warhill High School
2nd — Jamestown High School
If you missed the parade, you can watch it from the chamber’s Facebook page at bit.ly/2BYHrnV.