After spending two seasons at Tallahassee Community College in Florida, Williams averaged 9.5 points in the regular season for the Blazers along with shooting close to 39 percent from 3-point range.
Top-seeded UAB plays the winner of Western Kentucky-North Texas on Thursday in the C-USA tourney.
Other men's basketball updates with local ties...
• Bruton grad Marcus Carter, a 6-foot-2 sophomore, scored 19 of his 21 points in the second half of the Christopher Newport Univerisity's NCAA second-round game at the Freeman Center, a thrilling 67-64 victory over New York University.
The win moves the Captains (28-1) into the NCAA Division III Sweet 16 for the sixth time and the first since the 2000-01 season. The Captains will play New Hampshire school Keene State (20-10) at Oswego State University in New York on Friday, with the winner playing the Oswego State-Worcester winner in the Elite 8 on Saturday with a berth in the Final Four on the line.
• LSU senior Keith Hornsby is not likely to play in this week’s SEC Tournament, according to the Baton Rouge Advocate. The Oak Hill Academy product has been out with a hernia injury since the end of last month and was second in scoring (13.1) behind vaunted freshman Ben Simmons.
• Hampden-Sydney College junior Jake Duncan (WCA) was second in scoring (10.6) this season for the Tigers (17-10) and senior Mitch Owens (Walsingham) was fifth (7.8).
• Coastal Carolina junior Colton Ray-St Cyr (Lafayette) is fifth in team scoring average (8.5), third in assists (1.8) and steals (1.0) and fourth in rebounds (5.7). The Chanticleers were eliminated in the first round of the Big South tournament by Gardner-Webb.
• Catholic University sophomore Billy Barnes (Walsingham Academy) averaged 2.0 points in 6.0 minutes. The Cardinals were eliminated in the first round of the Division III tournament after winning the Landmark Conference title.
• Muhlenberg College junior Brandon LaRose (Walsingham) finished the season second in team scoring (10.8) and first in assists (2.4).
• Randolph College senior Corey Brown (Walsingham) finished third in team scoring (8.8) and Randolph, netting 14 points in a loss to Lynchburg College in the Old Dominion Athletic Conference championship.
Have updates on former Williamsburg student-athletes playing in college? Send them to email@example.com.