1. What are Mobile alerts? Mobile alerts are text messages you receive on your mobile phone or PDA. We currently offer the following alert:
VGALERT: For breaking news
2. Do I have to register on the website to receive mobile alerts?
No. Signing up for mobile alerts does not require registration on the website.
3. How many alerts will I get?
4. Do alerts cost me anything?
We do not charge you for our alerts. However, your carrier may charge you to send and receive text messages. Contact your carrier for more details: Message and data rates may apply.
5. If I sign up for one alert, do I get them all?
No, you must sign up for each alert individually.
6. How do I stop the alerts?
To stop receiving alerts, you may either reply STOP to a message you receive, or the following:
To end Breaking News reports, text STOP VGALERT to 71593
You may receive subsequent messages clarifying or confirming your opt-out request.
7. Which carriers is this program available on?
AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Boost, Alltel and U.S. Cellular. Message and data rates may apply. Contact your carrier for more details.
By clicking Submit you are confirming agreement with the terms and conditions governing this property and these mobile alerts. All submissions must be authorized by the account holder. Upon clicking submit, you will receive a text message asking you to reply Y to confirm your subscription.
Other questions or comments? E-mail us.Copyright © 2015, The Virginia Gazette