If you are just getting with flying quadcopters, then you would not want to spend $1000+ on your first drone. You would want to test the waters with much cheaper models.
A few years ago, quadcopters - even ones that would be considered basic by today's standards - cost many a pretty penny. But with rapid technological advancements, the prices have come down steeply. Today, you can buy drones with a host of impressive features for about $100.
Best beginner quadcopters on the market:
• Syma X5C: The Syma X5C is easily one of the best beginner quadcopters(s) you can purchase. It is stable, sturdy and a breeze to fly. Any newbie can get accustomed to it after the first few flights. It has impressive features as well such as 4 channels which will enable you to guide your drone in the direction you desire; it comes with a 2MP HD video camera and an SD card. Included are six extra batteries and a battery protector.
• Hubsan X4 H107L: This quirky styled drone is the perfect flying companion for a novice. It may not come with spare parts such as batteries or propellers, but it is otherwise an all-rounder. It has a 2MP camera, 4 bright LEDs and a transmitter that supports both Mode 1 and Mode 2 stick configurations.
• UDI U818A: UDI is a very reputable brand and has been in the drone manufacturing business for quite some time, has managed to garner a large customer base. They are continually upgrading their training drones to make sure their hold on the market remains intact. The battery life of this is a good 9 minutes, the camera provided is HD and boasts an FPV screen. To add to this, the UDI U818A comes with extra batteries, 4 spare blades, and propellers.
• MJX X400W FPV: This machine is ideal for hobbyists or FPV racers. The device can be controlled from a distance of up to 100 meters and the flight time is as close to 9 minutes. Some of its amazing features include headless mode, 3D split screen display, FPV real-time transmission, and one critical 3D roll.
• Proto X: Proto X is one of the tiniest drones in the world. Due to its small size, it can be used to fly indoors as well. It can be quite fast as well. However, the best feature of this drone isn't even its size. The Proto X has a flight time of about 6 minutes just by charging it for 30 minutes or so. Proto X is the most fun drone in the market, and of that, there is no doubt.
• Cheerson CX-10: This cute small gadget is a powerful performer. Its flight is about 4 mins just by charging it for around 30 mins and is capable of heading in any direction and doing 360-degree flips. Also, its pocket-friendly price makes it easily one of the most attractive drones in the market.
This item was posted by a community contributor.