A few members of Governor's Land Genealogy Group recently toured historic Cedar Grove Cemetery in Williamsburg with cemetery caretaker and historian, Bill Brown. Established in 1859, this cemetery on S. Henry Street is the final resting place for many of Williamsburg's earliest residents. Richard Bucktrout's detailed ledger contains six volumes of funeral records from 1916-1933. 13 of Cedar Grove's acres were part of Eastern State Hospital's dairy farm.
This item was posted by a community contributor.