The Williamsburg-James City County School Board elected new leaders for the year at its meeting Jan. 8.
Powhatan District representative Lisa Ownby was elected Chair, while Williamsburg representative Julie Hummel and Jamestown District representative Jim Kelly were elected Vice-Chair and Parliamentarian respectively.
All were elected unopposed, and by unanimous votes.
The Board also elected members to the following boards and committees:
- WHRO – Dr. James Beers
- New Horizons – Jim Kelly
- 21st Century and Career Ready Advisory Committee – Sandra Young
- Special Education Advisory Committee – Holly Taylor
- Student Advisory Committee – Holly Taylor and Sandra Young
- Policy Committee – Kyra Cook and Julie Hummel
- School Liaison Committee – Kyra Cook and Lisa Ownby
The School Board’s 2019 meeting calendar was also approved, with the board's first regular meeting of the year set for Jan. 22 at 6:30 in the Stryker Center.