A motor that’s part of King William High School’s water system caught on fire late Saturday.
King William first responders came to the call of a fire alarm at the school at about 10:54 p.m. Saturday. Firefighters discovered smoke in a hallway coming from a maintenance room, according to a King William County Fire and EMS Facebook post.
Firefighters entered the room and found that the fire had put itself out. The smoke was removed from the building with only minimal damage, according to the post.
The school was not closed Tuesday as a result of the incident.
Jack Jacobs, 757-298-6007, email@example.com, @jajacobs_